My name is Kelsey and I believe every translation assignment is unique. I provide quality scientific translations to connect new information across the globe.
DE, ES > EN
I grew up in the San Francisco Bay Area with a passion for learning and exploring. I finished my years in school with bachelor’s degrees in German and environmental engineering from San Diego State University and a Master’s degree in biomedical translation from the Menéndez Pelayo International University in Spain. I have lived and worked in the US, Germany, Spain, Turkey and Argentina and have a vast understanding of the languages and cultures of each of these places I grew to call home.
My professional experience spans from laboratory research on wastewater and nanoparticles for the USDA to translating websites for European businesses into my native English, subtitling German and Argentine TV shows and performing daily news monitoring in the Swiss and Spanish oil & gas industry. My expertise and passion are far reaching, from technical to cinema. If you have a project in my language combinations, I would love to hear about it to determine if my services are the best fit for you. If your project is outside my expertise, I will gladly pass along your project to colleagues I know to be experts in the field.
- Master’s in Specialized Translation from the Menédez Pelayo International University in Spain
- Specialized in legal and biomedical texts
- Began working full time as a self-employed translator in 2014
- Established long-term working relationships with niche clients
- Received particularly positive feedback in scientific & technical translation projects
- Delivered award-winning presentation of research at the SDSU Research Symposium
- Led various research projects for the USDA over 2 years
- Published work in scientific journals (Environmental Science & Technology, Chemosphere)
- Graduated Cum Laude from San Diego State University
- B.S. Environmental Engineering
- B.A. German Linguistics
- Member and officer of the Honors Engineering Society Tau Beta Pi
- Certified in the Fundamentals of Engineering by the NCEES in December 2013 in San Diego, CA